1. That Bo’s erstwhile right hand man in Chongqing, Wang Lijun was in love with Bo’s wife Gu Kailai, and that they may have been having an affair.
2. That Bo Guagua, Bo’s son who now lives in the US, was the recipient of expensive gifts from Chinese billionaire Xu Ming. He received them after he turned 18, thus leaving him open to prosecution if he were to return to China.
3. That Bo had an affair or affairs in the 1990s (or early 2000s) causing Gu to move to the UK with their son.
4. That Bo’s family received close to Rmb27 million in bribes and embezzled public funds (though many think this an underestimate).
5. That Bo has worn the same thermal underwear for over 40 years, a set his mother bought him in the sixties.
© ChinTell Ltd. All rights reserved.
Sponsored by HSBC.
The Week in China website and the weekly magazine publications are owned and maintained by ChinTell Limited, Hong Kong. Neither HSBC nor any member of the HSBC group of companies ("HSBC") endorses the contents and/or is involved in selecting, creating or editing the contents of the Week in China website or the Week in China magazine. The views expressed in these publications are solely the views of ChinTell Limited and do not necessarily reflect the views or investment ideas of HSBC. No responsibility will therefore be assumed by HSBC for the contents of these publications or for the errors or omissions therein.